Built on the highly scalable P4D (Perforce) versioning engine, Helix serves as a single source of truth for all the contributors and types of assets involved in designing, creating and releasing a product. It automatically syncs with our GitSwarm ecosystem, bringing greater security and scalability to projects versioned in Git. It is available as both on-premise software and a hosted solution. The Helix platform comprises the following components:
Helix Versioning Engine: Best-in-class SCM for every type and size file. Now featuring native distributed version control system (DVCS) capabilities and bi-directional support for Git.
Helix GitSwarm: Complete ecosystem for Git-based development, with self-service repo management, pull-request workflow, and built-in issue tracking.
Helix Swarm: A comprehensive Gerrit-style review application for collaborating on code, artwork and other assets.
Helix Threat Detection: Advanced behavioral analytics for uncovering threats against the IP stored in Helix.
Helix Insights: Real-time reporting for code line metrics, quality, user analytics and more.
It Takes All Types
With Helix, all the people working on a product collaborate within a common platform. It manages any type or size file—code, designs, 3D models, media, environment artifacts, etc.
- No limits to file type or size
- Anyone can contribute to Helix—artists, designers, developers, engineers, musicians
- Even DevOps files are easily managed in Helix, including complete virtual environments
Apps for All
Use the right tool for the job. Helix provides clients to match a broad range of workflows and levels of proficiency.
- Power users can do anything right from the Helix command line (P4)
- Others can use Helix P4V, our cross-platform GUI
- Developers, artists, animators, designers can work directly within their favorite software
- Knowledge workers can contribute right from Microsoft Office or even Windows Explorer
Helix includes GitSwarm, a complete Git ecosystem that makes it easy to manage projects and teams while also providing the visibility, security, auditability and scale required by the larger enterprise.
- Developers get to use pure, native Git with the tools and extensions they love
- Git challenges like large files and sprawl are things of the past
- Operations staff enjoy the flexibility, scalability and performance they need
- Security and compliance teams get the access control, theft detection, auditability and transparency they insist on
Helix provides a powerful platform for reviewing, discussing, and approving work.
- Ask for reviews before or after submitting work
- Reviewers comment, vote on, and invite others to participate
- The full discussion is preserved, capturing the entire design process for future reference
Safe and Secure
Helix protects your valuable IP at every step.
- Highly granular security model for groups and users
- Authenticate via existing LDAP or Active Directory stores
- Policy-based permissions for metadata such as file paths, IP address, etc.
- Helix Threat Detection monitors server logs and identifies high-risk behaviors to identify and prevent potential security breaches before they happen
Globally Distributed Teams
Helix is ideal for keeping everything in sync for multi-site teams.
- Federated architecture gives remote teams optimal, LAN performance
- Work is synchronized automatically with WAN-optimized data transfer
Fast, Reliable, Industrial Strength
Helix is based upon the industry’s most proven and scalable versioning engine.
- Single source of truth for storing everything
- Handles any type and amount of data, even huge binary files
- Supports tens of thousands of concurrent users, tens of millions of changes per day
- Ideal for high-volume, automated environments and continuous delivery
An Open & Extensible Platform
Helix is an open platform supported by well documented APIs and SDKs.
- Out-of-the-box integration with a wide range of industry standard software
- Powerful triggers and daemons make it easy to drive your own automation
- Build your own tools using C/C++, .NET, Objective-C, Python, Java, Perl, Ruby, and PHP
- Contribute them to the larger community and use other tools at the Perforce Workshop
Choose how you’d like to deploy Helix. Maintain full control by deploying Helix on-prem or save time and money with a hosted option.
- Helix Enterprise is deployed behind your firewall, within your physical or virtual datacenter
- Helix Enterprise On-Demand provides the full power of Helix but is hosted by Perforce as a single-tenant option
- Helix Cloud is a multi-tenant SaaS option that provides a simpler subscription service for smaller teams